Friday, July 1, 2011

THE POWER OF 50, MAKING A DIFFERENCE TOGETHER!!

At the time of this blog post, I find myself traveling to northern Indiana to meet with the Lenker family. Their son Matthew was granted a Make-A-Wish on October 10, 2010, his story and pictures can be found under the “Faces of the Make-A-Wish” tab at the top of this blog. In addition, I just received word from Keli Young that her daughter Maeci, received the ALL CLEAR from her doctor. Maeci was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (February 2010), and today, MAECI IS CANCER FREE! Maeci was granted a Make-A-Wish in November of 2010 and traveled to the Magic Kingdom with her good friend Gracie. On February 26, 2010, Gracie Bennett was diagnosed with a stage 2 Oligoastrocytoma, a very rare tumor found mostly in male adults (1.8%) and even more rare in a child. Currently, Gracie is undergoing chemotherapy as part of her treatment plan. You can learn more about Maeci and Gracie and their efforts to give back at www.maeciandgracie.com. 

Maeci Young & Gracie Bennett

Matthew Lenker

What do three these three beautiful childen, with three different medical condtions have in common? Through the magic of an out of this world wish, the Make-A-Wish Foundation gave each family hope, strength and joy while briefly alleviating the stresses of a serious medical condition. Each wish, on average, costs about $7,200 - $7,500, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation grants 1 wish every 40 minutes. Please partner with me to raise $7,500 for this amazing organization. This fundraising effort will allow the Make-A-Wish Foundation the opportunity to grant the wish of one very deserving family. I’m calliing it “THE POWER OF 50, MAKING A DIFFERENCE TOGETHER!” If 50 people will donate $100, we would be two-thirds of the way to our $7,500 goal. I know donating $100 at one time seems very overwhelming and I appreciate your consideration. However, what about $20 / month over the next 6 months? Starting July 1, 2011, I would like to challenge everyone to make a $20 donation on the first of each month (July, 2011 - December 2011) myself included, and help me grant the wish of one child with a life threatening medical condition. I know these are tough economic times and any consideration given towards making a donation is greatly appreciated. My sole intention of “Running 4 Wishes” and the “POWER OF 50, MAKING A DIFFERENCE TOGETHER” is to simply give back, as well as being part of something greater than ourselves.

In closing, thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. I am only three months into this journey and already I feel so blessed. Blessed to be inspired and motivated by three special children (Matthew Lenker, Maeci Young and Gracie Bennett) and I hope, hundreds more.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to working with each of you to make “Running 4 Wishes” a success.
Thank You and God Bless!


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment