Thursday, February 24, 2011

Taking advantage of each day's opportunities................

This evening, as I left the house for my run a light rain was falling.  I could have turned around, went back inside, and simply said, "not tonight."  However, as the debate grew and my mind tried picking sides, I began to think:
  • how many people would love the opportunity to see rain (or maybe even snow) fall upon the ground, 
  • how many people would love the opportunity to hear rain fall upon their roofs, 
  • how many people would love the opportunity to simply stand or even walk. 
Suddenly, my aha moment......I'm able to do all these things. Therefore, the decision for me was simple............time for my run! For 39 minutes and 58 seconds, I was thankful for GOD'S blessings. Furthermore, I am thankful God allowed me the opportunity to use these blessings to give back. Therefore, take advantage of each day's opportunities; be thankful for what you have, not what you don't have; give thanks instead of asking why me; and most importantly, ALWAYS LOVE LIFE!!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment