Sunday, February 13, 2011

And so it begins.............................

For most people, Monday, February 14, 2011 is Valentine's Day, a day for buying cards, candy and flowers for that special someone.  However, this year, February 14, 2011 marks something very different for me.  February 14, 2011 will mark the official start of my "Running 4 Wishes" campaign; specifically, the first day of training for the 500 Festival One America Mini Marathon on Saturday, May 7, 2011.  As a result, I would like to take this opportunity and thank my special someone's, my wife (Susan) and daughter (Abegayle) for their love and support.  Over the next several months there will be many sacrifices on their part.  These sacrifices will assist me in reaching my goal of training for and running my first full marathon and raising $15,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  Furthermore, without their understanding, encouragement, and support I wouldn't have gotten this far.  So on this Valentine's Day, I would like to publicly thank my wife and daughter, as well as let them know how much I love and respect them for being part of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment